West High School (WHS) Physics Academy program is dedicated to create communication between UT Physics faculty and WHS teachers and students. As part of the program, interested UT physics faculty members will present lectures at WHS classrooms. This will create a great opportunity for high school students to interact with physicists and to learn more about their research, and STEM fields in general. We hope that this program will motivate enough interest in students to join the UT undergraduate physics program.
Professor Anthony Mezzacappa: Special Relativity
Professor Anthony Mezzacappa: General Relativity
Assistant Professor Maxim Lavrentovich: Topic TBA
- November 2: Professor Anthony Mezzacappa, Assistant Professor Sowjanya Gollapinni, and Kranti Gunthoti—Physics and Society.
- December 12: Assistant Professor Sowjanya Gollapinni—Neutrinos
- May 11: Professor Anthony Mezzacappa—Special Relativity
- October 5: Assistant Professor Sowjanya Gollapinni—Particle Physics
- October 5: Kranti Gunthoti—Electromagnetism
- November 16: Professor Yuri Kamyshkov—Matter/Antimatter
- November 17: Professor Anthony Mezzacappa —Special Relativity
- February 1: Kranti Gunthoti—Static Electricity