Elementary Particle/High Energy Physics
Office: 505 Nielsen/603 SERF
- PhD, Physics and Mathematics (Nuclear and Particle Physics) from Institute for Theoretical and Experimental Physics (ITEP) in Moscow (1978)
- Master Diploma from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MPTI) (1970)
- Professor, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Department of Physics and Astronomy (1999-present)
- Research Professor, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Department of Physics and Astronomy (Joint ORNL/UT Position) (1991-1999)
- Scientific staff at Moscow Institute for Theoretical and Experimental Physics (ITEP) Moscow, Russia (1969-1991)
- Experimental fundamental particle physics Beyond the Standard Model
- Search for baryon number violation in neutron transformations
- Quantum Mechanics of neutron oscillations in complex environment
- Search for Mirror Dark Matter with neutrons
Professor Kamyshkov's previous research experience includes:
- Research with reactor neutrinos in underground experiments KamLAND (in Japan), Double Chooz (in France), and with accelerator-produced neutrinos in NOvA and DUNE experiments (Fermilab in US)
- Physics at particle e+ e- colliders LEP at CERN and SLC at SLAC, and for hadron SSC collider (canceled US project)
- QCD and hadronic physics at fixed-target accelerators at CERN SPS, Serpukhov PS, ITEP PS
- Development and construction of particle detectors
- New high-sensitivity searches for neutrons converting into antineutrons and/or sterile neutrons at the HIBEAM/NNBAR experiment at the European Spallation Source, by A. Addazi et al., June 2020, J. Phys. G 48 (2021) 7, 070501.
- On the Neutron Transition Magnetic Moment, by Z. Berezhiani, R. Biondi, Y. Kamyshkov, L. Varriano, “December 2018,
MDPI Physics 1 (2019) 2, 271-289.
- New search for mirror neutron regeneration, by L.J. Broussard et al., EPJ Web Conf. 219 (2019) 07002, 10.1051/epjconf/201921907002.
- Neutron Disappearance and Regeneration from Mirror State, by Z. Berezhiani, M. Frost, Y. Kamyshkov, B. Rybolt, and L. Varriano, Phys. Rev. D96, 035039 (2017).
- Neutron-Antineutron Oscillations: Theoretical Status and Experimental Prospects, by D.G. Phillips et al., Phys. Rept. 612 (2016) 1- 45.
- Gauged B–L number and neutron–antineutron oscillation: long-range forces mediated by baryophotons, by Z. Berezhiani and Y. Kamyshkov, Eur. Phys. J. C77, 301 (2017).
- Signatures of nucleon disappearance in large underground detectors, by Y.A. Kamyshkov and E. Kolbe, https://journals.aps.org/prd/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevD.67.076007.
- Sensitivity of experiment on search for neutron–antineutron oscillations on the projected ultracold neutron source at the WWR-M reactor, by A. Serebrov, A. Fomin and Y. Kamyshkov, Tech. Phys. Lett. 42 (2016) no.1, 99, doi:10.1134/S1063785016010314.
- First results from KamLAND: Evidence for reactor antineutrino disappearance. Eguchi, K; Enomoto, S; Furuno, K, et al. - KamLAND Collaboration Physical Review Letters 90 2 (2003).
- Measurement of neutrino oscillation with KamLAND: Evidence of spectral distortion, by Araki, T; Eguchi, K; Enomoto, S, et al.
Physical Review Letters 94 8 (2005).
- Search for the invisible decay of neutrons with KamLAND, T. Araki et al. [KamLAND Collaboration], https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.96.101802.
- Indication of Reactor (nu)over-bar(e) Disappearance in the Double Chooz Experiment. Abe, Y.; Aberle, C.; Akiri, et al.
Double Chooz Collaboration (2012), https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.108.131801.
- The Construction of the L3 Experiment. B. Adeva, M. Aguilar-Benitez, H. Akbari, et al. Nuclear Instruments & Methods In Physics Research Section A, 289 1-2 (1990), https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/016890029090250A?via%3Dihub.
- Results from The L3 experiment at LEP, by O. Adriani, M. Aguilar-Benitez, S. Ahlen, et al. Physics Reports, 236, 1-146 (1993), https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/037015739390027B?via%3Dihub.
- Experimental investigation of geologically produced antineutrinos with KamLAND. Araki, T; Enomoto, S; Furuno, K; et al.
Nature 436 7050 (2005). https://www.nature.com/articles/nature03980
- First measurement of electron neutrino appearance in NOvA. P. Adamson, C. Ader, M. Andrews, et al. Physical Review
Letters 116 15 (2016), https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.116.151806.
- Ionization, negative ion formation, elastic scattering and spin exchange in H plus H collisions at low- to intermediate-energies. S. Ovchinnikov, Y. Kamyshkov, T. Zaman, et al. Journal of Physics B—Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics 50 8 (2017).