Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
Office: 303 South College
email@example.com | Correlated Electrons Group
- PhD, Physics, Instituto Balseiro, Bariloche, Argentina (1985)
- Licenciado en Fisica. Instituto Balseiro, Bariloche, Argentina (1983)
- Professor, University of Tennessee Department of Physics and Astronomy (2004-present)
- Professor, Florida State University (1999-2004)
- Associate Professor, Florida State University (1994-1999)
- Assistant Professor, Florida State University (1992-1994)
- Research Associate in Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara (1988-1991)
- Research Associate in Physics, University of Illinois (1985-1988)
- Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (2018)
- Outstanding Referee - American Physical Society (2008)
- Fellow of the American Physical Society (2002)
- COFRS Award - Florida State University (1998)
- Developing Scholar Award - Florida State University (1997)
- Summer Assistant Professor Research Award - Florida State University (1993)
- Fellow of Comisi´on Nacional de Energ´ıa At´omica at the Centro At´omico Bariloche, Argentine Atomic Energy Commission (1984-1985)
- Physics 551: Statistical Mechanics
- Physics 555: Condensed Matter Physics
- Physics 571: Mathematical Methods in Physics
- Physics 541: Electromagnetic Theory
Professor Moreo's research interests are centered on the understanding of strongly correlated electronic systems, in particular, high Tc superconductors, manganites and other transition metal oxides. Most of her research involve large scale numerical calculations performed on supercomputers and large clusters of work stations.
Full Publication List at: http://sces.phys.utk.edu/.
- "Magnetic states of quasi-one-dimensional iron chalcogenide Ba2FeS3," Yang Zhang, Ling-Fang Lin, Gonzalo Alvarez, Adriana Moreo, Elbio Dagotto, ArXiv:2106.02753(2021) - (PDF).
- "Origin of insulating ferromagnetism in iron oxychalcogenide Ce2O2FeSe2," Ling-Fang Lin, Yang Zhang, Gonzalo Alvarez, Adriana Moreo, Elbio Dagotto, ArXiv:2105.09239(2021) - (PDF).
- "Designer Magnetism in High Entropy Oxides," Alessandro R. Mazza, Elizabeth Skoropata, Yogesh Sharma, Jason Lapano, Thomas W. Heitmann, Brianna L. Musico, Veerle Keppens, Zheng Gai, John W. Freeland, Timothy R. Charlton, Matthew J. Brahlek, Adriana Moreo, Elbio Dagotto, Thomas Z. Ward, ArXiv:2104.05552(2021) - (PDF).
- "Orbital-selective Peierls phase in the metallic dimerized chain MoOCl2",Yang Zhang, Ling-Fang Lin, Adriana Moreo, Elbio Dagotto,Phys.Rev.B.104.L060102(2021) - (PDF).
- "Oxygen magnetic polarization, nodes in spin density, and zigzag spin order in oxides," Ling-Fang Lin, Nitin Kaushal, Cengiz Sen, Andrew D. Christianson, Adriana Moreo, and Elbio Dagotto Phys.Rev.B.103.184414(2021) - (PDF).
- "Peierls transition, ferroelectricity, and spin-singlet formation in the monolayer VOI2,"Yang Zhang, Ling-Fang Lin, Adriana Moreo, Gonzalo Alvarez, Elbio Dagotto, Phys.Rev.B.103.L121114(2021) - (PDF).
- "Orbital ordering in the layered perovskite material CsVF4," Ling-Fang Lin, Nitin Kaushal, Yang Zhang, Adriana Moreo, and Elbio Dagotto Phys.Rev.Materials.5.025001(2021) - (PDF).
- "Similarities and differences between nickelate and cuprate films grown on a SrTiO3 substrate," Yang Zhang, Ling-Fang Lin, Wenjun Hu, Adriana Moreo, Shuai Dong, Elbio Dagotto, Phys.Rev.B.102.195117(2020) - (PDF).
- "Block orbital-selective Mott insulators: A spin excitation analysis," J. Herbrych, G. Alvarez, A. Moreo, and E. Dagotto, Phys.Rev.B.102.115134(2020) - (PDF).
- "Block-spiral magnetism: An exotic type of frustrated order," J. Herbrych, J. Heverhagen, G. Alvarez, M. Daghofer, A. Moreo, and E. Dagotto pnas.2001141117(2020) - (PDF).
- "First-principles study of the low-temperature charge density wave phase in the quasi-one-dimensional Weyl chiral compound (TaSe4)2I," Yang Zhang, Ling-Fang Lin, Adriana Moreo, Shuai Dong, Elbio Dagotto, Phys.Rev.B.101.174106(2020) - (PDF).
- "Iron telluride ladder compounds: Predicting the structural and magnetic properties of BaFe2Te3," Yang Zhang, Ling-Fang Lin, Adriana Moreo, Shuai Dong, and Elbio Dagotto Phys.Rev.B.101.144417(2020) - (PDF).
- "Colossal Magnetoresistant Materials: The Key Role of Phase Separation," E. Dagotto, T. Hotta, and A. Moreo, Physics Reports 344, 1 (2001).
- "Phase Separation Scenario for Manganese Oxides and Related Materials," A. Moreo, S. Yunoki, and E. Dagotto, Science 283, 2034 (1999).
- "Phase Separation in Electronic Models for Manganites," S. Yunoki, J. Hu, A. Malvezzi, A. Moreo, N. Furukawa, and E. Dagotto, Phys. Rev. Lett. 80, 845 (1998).
- "Colossal Effects in Transition Metal Oxides Caused by Intrinsic Inhomogeneities," J. Burgy, M. Mayr, V. Martin-Mayor, A. Moreo, and E. Dagotto, Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 277202 (2001).
- "Giant cluster coexistence in doped manganites and other compounds," Adriana Moreo, Matthias Mayr, Adrian Feiguin, Seiji Yunoki, and Elbio Dagotto, Phys. Rev. Lett. 84, 5568-5571 (2000).
- "Strongly correlated electronic systems with one hole: dynamical properties," E. Dagotto, R. Joynt, A. Moreo, and E. Gagliano, Phys. Rev. B 41, 9049 (1990).